In order to engage in real-money play on the HarringtonGamingOnline.com poker and casino application ("HarringtonGamingOnline.com") each user (“you”) must be physically located within the State of Delaware.
By using the Services, you agree to allow The Delaware State Lottery and its video lottery agent HarringtonGamingOnline.com (the “Video Lottery Agent”) (collectively “us” or “we”) to verify your physical location at time of play, including by verifying the location of (i) the device on which you are accessing the Services (the “Device Location Service”), or (ii) your mobile phone (the “Mobile Phone Location Service”). We may employ either, the Mobile Phone Location Service, the Device Location Service, or both, at our exclusive discretion, subject to applicable laws and gaming regulations.
Under no circumstances will we nor any of our affiliates or third party service providers be responsible or liable in any respect for any losses you may incur as a result of your location not being able to be properly verified for any reason. By using the Services, you understand and agree that such responsibility or liability is borne exclusively by you.
Device Location Service
- The Device Location Service relies on IP, mobile carrier detection, WiFi or GPS signals to determine the geographic location of your device.
- Your privacy is extremely important to us. Geographic location coordinates are only gathered at the time that you log in to the Services, and periodically while you are logged in to the Services.
- Limitations: To the extent the Device Location Service relies on mobile carrier detection, the Device Location Service is currently only available on the networks of the following mobile carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Boost, Virgin and T-Mobile. The Device Location Service mobile carrier detection may be (i) made available in the future on other mobile carriers’ networks, or (ii) removed from mobile carriers where it is currently available, at our exclusive discretion.
- Device Location Service - Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Wifi Location
- Q: Do I need to be connected to the Internet via WiFi to be located? What if my device’s WiFi is enabled, but I’m connected to the Internet via a wired connection such as an Ethernet cable?
A: You do not need to be connected to the internet via WiFi; you merely have to have WiFi enabled on your device (and be able to see other available WiFi networks). You can still be connected to the Internet via an Ethernet cable and have WiFi enabled at the same time.
- Q: Can I be accurately located by WiFi if I do not have other WiFi networks around me?
A: In order to be accurately located using WiFi, your computer may need to “see” other WiFi networks within range. The more WiFi networks around, the more effectively we will be able to locate you. Dense, urban areas typically have a higher concentration of WiFi networks.
- Q: Can I be accurately located if I'm in a tall building?
A: If you are on a high floor of a tall building, the ability to accurately locate you via WiFi may be compromised. Please ensure that you are located as close to ground level as possible and that you have multiple WiFi networks within range of your device.
- Q: Can I be accurately located if I’m using a public WiFi hotspot?
A: Yes you can. However, please be aware that the Internet connections provided by certain businesses or organizations may resolve to a location outside of Delaware, in which case you may have to try accessing the Internet from a different location / connection.
Mobile Phone Location Service
To The Extent We Employ The Mobile Phone Location Service, Here's How It Works:
- You are required to provide your mobile phone number during account creation.
- After the registration process is complete, you may receive an SMS text message (from 13472425921) prompting you to confirm your consent to allowing us to geolocate your mobile device.
- Reply YES to the SMS text message to opt-in. You can cancel our Mobile Phone Location Service’s ability to obtain your geographic location at any time by replying STOP to the SMS text message, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If we employ, the Mobile Phone Location Service, your location coordinates will be verified each time you login to your account and in 15 minute intervals when you are logged into your account.
- Periodic reminders that you are opted in to the Mobile Phone Location Service will be sent to your mobile device every 30 days. No action will be needed if you wish to continue using the service; it’s just a friendly reminder!
- For help, simply text HELP to 13472425921, or email us at email@example.com.
- Users may cancel the Mobile Phone Location Service at any time by texting STOP to 13472425921.
- Enabling the Mobile Phone Location Service will generate up to 2 SMS messages per month. Message and Data rates may apply.
- Mobile phone user privacy is extremely important to us. Geographic location coordinates are only gathered after the mobile phone user has opted in to this service as described above.
- Limitations: The Mobile Phone Location Service is currently only available on the networks of the following mobile carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Boost, Virgin and T-Mobile. The Mobile Phone Location Service may be (i) made available in the future on other mobile carrier’s networks, or (ii) removed from mobile carriers where it is currently available, at our exclusive discretion. The Mobile Phone Location Service might not be available if your mobile phone is roaming or turned off. There may also be some degree of error in the Mobile Phone Location Service due to mobile phone triangulation, therefore, if a user is located close to the borders of Delaware, such user may not be permitted to use the Services.
Other Terms & Conditions
- In the event of any conflict between these Mobile Location Verification Terms & Conditions and the EULA, the EULA will prevail.